Adapting to Life

Life has a way of throwing up unexpected suprises when you least expect it. That might sound oxymoronic, but that's life. This blog will reflect on the suprises in my life and how I adapt to it. In layman's term, it's a place where I can vent all my angst and trumpet all my joys.

Sunday, October 23, 2005

*Adapting to Love* : Dancing in an empty room

I spent Friday night cleaning her new place. It was totally empty and dirty. We washed the toilet, mopped the floor and planned what needed to be done next. The only thing remotely entertaining was Leanne Rimes "Fallen Angel" playing in the background.

After a couple of hours cleaning, there we were, in an empty apartment, albeit a cleaner one... Leanne Rimes was singing "Written in the Stars" and she and I were in the empty living hall. And that is when I held her and started dancing...

It was just her and me alone, she in my arms and not thinking a single thought. I felt at peace, and I felt loved, and most importantly I felt happy. It took away my tiredness, the pain, the hurt, the fear, the worries, everything... It was just her and me. Our problems and reality does not stop because of that one dance, but it reminds me of what I am fighting for.

Thank you for that dance, my wildfire princess.

P/S - I know that this is a very soppy post, so as an ironic note, Written in the stars is actually about unrequited love... Talk about irony...

3 Comments:

Blogger firethorn said...

I'm sorry I've not been a too caring friend, but reading your blog I can understand how you feel. I guess that was how my ex felt when I broke off with him.

It's always hard to let go what you hold dearest. You have questions and seek for answers, but might never be answered. You wonder why you are the one who was hurt, why couldn't it be you.

Maybe God meant it that way, for both of you. God has His plans for his beloved humans. You might never realised how much you've loved until you've lost love.

Take time to heal, and one day, when you look back, everything's just a blur.

Take care, my friend.

2:58 AM  
Blogger jiawen said...

Wow... how romantic... : P
Just bare in mind on what've I told in MSN... And things will be fine... ; )

10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank god for rowena. what is life without some dramas eh?? ;)

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home