Adapting to Life

Life has a way of throwing up unexpected suprises when you least expect it. That might sound oxymoronic, but that's life. This blog will reflect on the suprises in my life and how I adapt to it. In layman's term, it's a place where I can vent all my angst and trumpet all my joys.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

*Adapting to Love* - Bali bombing

Another date to remember for humanity : 1st October 2005.

Bali was bombed again. Read about it here: Google News

What does it mean to me? Personally I feel a great sadness that it seems hope is slowly draining out of humanity. I feel sad that humanity have seem to forget how good life is. Or maybe they do remember the "good old days", where life was so much simpler, where global economics and social ills had no impact on the Muslim world and they are willing to die for a hope of a better future.

The only good part of any tragedy is that it actually gives birth to hope. It is not a new lesson to be learnt, but rather a lesson that needs to repeated over and over again. Heroes will appear, people would unite and unlike the mythical phoenix, Bali will rise again and with it, the hope of humanity.

It seems like a terrible price to pay to remind us that life is good and inside all of us, there is so much potential to bring happiness to others. The world does not need fixing, does not need a global enforcer or authority. All the world needs is for all of us to realise that we do not need to wait for a tragedy to become heroes.

I have been suffering since my own September 11, and to be honest, I have battled with depression and giving up hope. But even in my darkest days, I never gave up hope because I love myself and I know it's when you hit the abyss of depression, the only way you can go is up.

My prayers and thoughts are with all of humanity. May you never lose sight of hope and may you be blessed. A special prayer to those who I love but cannot reach out to.

For Bali, may you rise from the ashes more beautiful than before.

God bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home