Adapting to Life

Life has a way of throwing up unexpected suprises when you least expect it. That might sound oxymoronic, but that's life. This blog will reflect on the suprises in my life and how I adapt to it. In layman's term, it's a place where I can vent all my angst and trumpet all my joys.

Monday, October 03, 2005

*Adapting to Humour* - Steven's Corner

After so many serious postings, I have decided write some happy happy thoughts. My flavour of humour since September 11 reflected my mood... Bitter, self insulting and angry to the point that it seems frivolous to call it humour.

11 PM, Sunday, Oct 2nd 05 - I was at Steven's Corner with this hottie. Those who are regulars at Stevens Corner in OUG will know the "Maitre d" that I am talking about. He's a mamak with balding hair and can speak Chinese better than me... He walks slowly over and like a true professional, waits until he's spoken to before he speaks.

So we ordered 1 Maggie Mee, 1 Indo Mee mata kerbau, 1 teh-o-ais limau, 1 teh-o-ais. He starts stroking his chin, as it he was contemplating our order or thinking about the US defict... The chin stroking went on for a couple of seconds (Shahrukh Khan wannabe?).. Then, speaking ever so slowly, he gave us his recommendation... Tandoori, ayam goreng, etc etc... We waved him off... And like a true professional, he walks of with such grace.

We came to same conclusion, he must be smoking some pretty good stuff... Wonder if I could get some... (That's my personal thought, she is too innocent for funky stuff).

Had a great conversation with her, and it was time to go. Unfortunately, or fortunately because he's so amusing he came over to collect payment. He saw what was printed on my t-shirt, "No photographs please", something I got in Malacca on Merdeka Day.

Stoned Mamak Dude: No photographs please?
Me trying to be funny: What to do, too good looking already.
Stoned Mamak Dude: True, after people see, want to make love with you.

The silence was so acute that it could have cut through diamond. Thankfully he walked off and that's when the laughter began....

It was a good night and I hope for many more similar nights.

*Next Post: Why I am still not happy happy: Letting Go*

2 Comments:

Blogger Adapterboy said...

Actually it's more like:

Trip to Malacca : RM 200
T-Shirt : RM 30

Memory of going to Malacca with her: priceless.

Pain of memory of that: borderless.

Trying to, trying to.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lao Tsu once had a dream where he once become a butterfly, the dream was so surreal that when he woke up he juxtaposed ... was he a man who had dreamt of becoming a butterfly; or was he merely a butterfly who had dreamt of being a man?

..... erm what we talking about again dude?

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home