Adapting to Life

Life has a way of throwing up unexpected suprises when you least expect it. That might sound oxymoronic, but that's life. This blog will reflect on the suprises in my life and how I adapt to it. In layman's term, it's a place where I can vent all my angst and trumpet all my joys.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

*Adapting to Love*: Listening to...

Some songs seem specifically written for you, it feels that the singer had your life in his mind when he wrote it. Music is truly food for the soul.

Been listening to this song over and over again as per Dr. Jay's advise... Nuff said.

Here By Me
===========
I hope you’re doing fine out there without me
'Cause I'm not doing so good without you
The things I thought you'd never know about me
Were the things I guess you always understood
So how could I have been so blind for all these years
I guess I only see the truth through all this fear of living without you

And everything I have in this world
And all that I'll ever be
It could all fall down around me
Just as long as I have you right here by me

I can’t take another day without you
'Cause, baby, I could never make it on my own
I've been waiting so long just to hold you
And to be back in your arms where I belong
I'm sorry I can't always find the words to say
But everything I've ever known gets swept away
Inside of your love

And everything I have in this world
All that I'll ever be
It could all fall down around me
Just as long as I have you right here by me

As the days roll on I see
Time is standing still for me
When you’re not here
I’m sorry I can’t always find the words to say
Everything I’ve ever known gets swept away
Inside of your love

x2
And everything I have in this world
And all that i'll ever be
It could all fall down around me
Just as long as I have you right here by me

-3 doors down.

P/S - Still waiting for Dr. Jay's ultimate depressing song CD.

6 Comments:

Blogger keensoon said...

Sigh - I feel for you man. You are in that stage where u draw some meaning and inspiration from songs. Been there done that.

Heal slowly.

In the meantime, try some rock - pop rock, hard rock etc. Crank up the volume and let some tenacity blow you out.

5:59 PM  
Blogger firethorn said...

From Meryl Streep's character in the movie "Prime":
"..You love and learn, and sometimes it's ok to move on."

And this is from me...
"...so that you can be a better person for the next one you love."

=)

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, no need to sit back and think about how to drown your sorrow. All of us, either went through this parcel of life once or more for some.

You are a nice guy, sensitive and loving. Perhaps your ex is more into bad boy type. Too bad she did not appreciate you. Go out and smell the fresh air, mate!

12:24 PM  
Blogger jiawen said...

Adrian dear... Don't be so sorrow, k... Do hang out with your buddies either for vacation / disco party... After some period, it time again to take a deep breath and live still goes on... : )

I do agree to what've firethorn said > you will be a better person by then... Cheer up... ; )

10:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Random sex with strangers.....
But be careful of diseases.
Try this song - probably not available in Msia: Burn by Ray Lamontagne.

1:55 AM  
Blogger yen4travel said...

I suggest a prescription of depressing sad love songs non-stop 8 hours a day and when you finally get tired of them, guess what....you've moved on :D

I can't remember the scientific term for it, but if you had read an article in the STAR, which mentioned that if, you feed a tiger with foul-smelling chemical mixed in the meat it consumes, the tiger would probably puke and finally go vegetarian (something like that).

Same theory!

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home