Adapting to Life

Life has a way of throwing up unexpected suprises when you least expect it. That might sound oxymoronic, but that's life. This blog will reflect on the suprises in my life and how I adapt to it. In layman's term, it's a place where I can vent all my angst and trumpet all my joys.

Sunday, October 02, 2005

*Adapting to Words* : My first poem

I have never considered myself a wordsmith. Though I read plenty of books, I am more of a "geek". My idea of a beautiful sentence is something along the lines of :

Public Sub doSomethingFunky ()
If
.....
Else
.....
End If

End Sub

Notice the structure, the identation, the limited vobabulary and the lack of ambiguity... Things that poems are not. Each word would have it's own different meaning to each of the readers, unless it's somewhere along the lines of "I hate what you did to me, just f*** off and let me be"... But I digress. (Even that can be intepreted in so many ways... Was it out of anger, heat of the moment, etc"

I wrote my first real poem for Valentine's Day 05. It was suprising that the words came easily (although it didn't rhyme) and even if it did not elegantly convey my thoughts, it did capture the essense of my heart that day... the day that I fell in love with My Wildfire Princess...

There is this girl I know,
With long beautiful hair that flows,
She always held her head high,
This beautiful wildfire princess of mine.

She was not always this way,
once, a long time ago she was like any other flame,
fueled by love and care, burning bright both night and day.
But the older she grew, the more she learned,
the evil way of men and the silly games they play.

And yet, for all her hurt and pain,
she never gave in, she never lost hope,
burning brighter without thought or personal gain.
The more she gave, the more they demanded,
and the more they demanded, the brighter she burned.

And soon, love and care was replaced with hurt and fear,
Having betrayed by people that she held dear.
She never understood why the people whose life she touched,
was never there for her even though she never demanded much.

And so now she changed her ways,
her fire was now fueled by fear and rage,
locking her heart in a cold dark cage.
What was once a gentle flame,
a raging wildfire she became.

What a sight she was to behold,
Living life with such abandonment
spreading herself without an apparent pattern.
This was her way of protecting herself,
keeping people away from knowing her inner self.

I too was memerized by her, just like the rest,
I feared her for I knew that I was not the best,
scared to be burnt, terified of being hurt,
but most of all, I fear of disapointing her.

And yet, to my greatest suprise,
she gave a chance to love her, both day and night
much to my uncontrollable delight.
And love her I shall, with all my heart
because she is my wildfire princess.
Today, tomorrow, this lifetime and next,
I pray that we will be together and she never pushes me away.
Thank you and I love you is all there is left to say.

Maybe one day I will write another poem on how I feel now... It is a very draining exprience, to open your heart to your mind and write it all down.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow.. i'm speechless.. sorry to say but it feels like i'm the wildfire princess right now. Because i am living my life ... just like the girl that you described. *sigh*

5:57 PM  
Blogger Adapterboy said...

No need to apologize... Sometimes it's something that we need to go through.

And if you are happy now giving more than receiving, you don't need to sigh.

I hope that you will realise that you do not need to give more then you can give you are someone's wildfire princess.

Glad you can relate to it though.

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home