Adapting to Life

Life has a way of throwing up unexpected suprises when you least expect it. That might sound oxymoronic, but that's life. This blog will reflect on the suprises in my life and how I adapt to it. In layman's term, it's a place where I can vent all my angst and trumpet all my joys.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

*Adapting to Words* : Quotable Quotations

Some interesting quotes / poems from other people:

Often it is only when people suddenly feel they are losing their partner that they realize how much they love them. Then they cling on even tighter. But the more they grasp, the more the other person escapes them, and the more fragile the relationships becomes.

So often we want happiness, but the very way we pursue it is so clumsy and unskillful that it brings only more sorrow. Usually we assume we must grasp in order to have that something that will ensure our happiness, We ask ourselves: "how can we possibly enjoy anything if we cannot own it?" How often attachment is mistaken for love!

Even when the relationship is a good one, love can be spoiled by attachment with its insecurity, possessiveness, and pride; and then when love is gone, all you have left to show for it are the"souvenirs" of love, the scars of attachment.

--Buddhist Daily Inspiration quoted by Sogyal Rinpoche--


And another from a great comic. Strangers In Paradise

All My Life
-------------
All of my life I was waiting for you.
How is it we never met?
Here in the latter days time on my own
I find too much to regret.
All of the time I spend thinking of you;
Nothing to say but I call.
Over and over it plays on my mind
How come you come and you go?

How is it happening only to me?
Now after all of the time we spent
I was careless and made a slip.
Suddenly your love is too much to lose.
Now I've fallen in love with you
Were you waiting for my heart to break?
Though I've fallen in love with you
I have fallen in love too late.




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where is that poem from? SIP? It nags at the back of my head and I KNOW I've read it before.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home