Adapting to Life

Life has a way of throwing up unexpected suprises when you least expect it. That might sound oxymoronic, but that's life. This blog will reflect on the suprises in my life and how I adapt to it. In layman's term, it's a place where I can vent all my angst and trumpet all my joys.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

*Adapting to Love* : Sept 11 2005

September 11, 2001 - The United States and humanity exprienced a great loss.

September 11, 2005 - I exprienced a great loss.

That was the day my girlfriend told me that she didn't love me anymore. It was executed with such simplicity and precision to cause maximum damage that even Bin Laden would have been proud off.

First, it was lulling me into a false sense of security. She was supposed to be working until Monday in Kuantan. She decided to return earlier to suprise me and she honestly sounded happy. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I had made plans to see my friends, so I told her to join me. She said she was tired, so she would wait... (Obviously refining her plan of attack).

Second, was the psychological warfare. I felt touched that she would return a day earlier from work to be with me. I went searching for a florist to get her flowers, but none could be found. Oh well, nothing I could do about that.

Third was the camouflage. When I saw her, she kissed me and was happy that I was there... Obviously, I would never meant to see what was coming.

Finally, was the surgical strike. "I need to tell you something. I don't love you anymore". Mission accomplished.

The aftermath,

  • Total number of broken heart : One. *
  • Total number of confused minds : One.
  • Total time to deliver fatal blow : 6 seconds.
  • Total time to understand : 19 days and counting
*Admittedly it seems that her heart SEEMS to be broken too, but there is no verificable truth to suport the claims. (Something like the existence of the WMD in Iraq).


I bear no anger towards what she did, only regret and sorrow that unlike the Americans, I do not know why it happened. I have the official report that she doesn't love me anymore (Death to the American oppresors)... but I will never understand the real reason... (Just like the Americans... How can they kill themselves to kill us?)

Life goes on, but like the Twin Towers attack, some dates you will never forget.

-Adapting to Love-




2 Comments:

Blogger keensoon said...

Many sympathies man - the more you love someone a lot, the more pain is inflicted onto you. Know how it feels.

In terms of warfare: What I went thru was probably more of a guerilla / insurgency tactic instead... and it really sucked.

But here is how it "kindof" began: Tell me you are having a lazy weekend, and miss me *mwah* ... and then about 12 hours later call me up crying to break the news.
All this when I have slept a few hours over the past day, am facing a production crisis and in the middle of a UAT too; and I am supposed to make sense of that thousands of miles away in Bangkok.
It's no fun - and up till today it makes no sense at all.

Move on man, its this kind of crap that makes a good Monte Cristo No. 4 a necessity in life; with either some good coffee or a chilled Heineken.

And to end it with a soppy line: Hey, true love is probably like Iraqi WMDs .. it's probably somewhere out there.

Implication 1: You have to dig around hard enough to find out ;)
Implication 2: It's all a prefabricated conspiracy by the American capitalists ;)

10:46 AM  
Blogger J @ ~ ! < € said...

Everything happened for a reason, be it good or bad, it's a lesson that we learned in life and life goes on as it is.

Cheers!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home